Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Beautiful day, beautiful dog

I knew I wouldn't have him long but I was waiting for the perfect situation for O'Keefe. The email came yesterday from a couple up near Gordonsville, fenced yard, many years experience with shepherds, and a multiple adult household with someone home nearly all the time.




I didn't waste any time. We exchanged a few emails and scheduled a meeting for today. I drove up to Gordonsville, about a half hour away and on my route to northern Virginia so I can stop in any time. A man and a woman, both had their own shepherds when they first met and got married and they've had many more over the years. An adult son and a sibling live there also, and other relatives on an adjacent property. The dog will rarely be alone, and that was what the woman who surrendered him wanted most for the dog because he was home alone too much with her. Aside from that, the living situation is pretty similar to what he came from, a nice home in the country on many acres.

With three adult males in the household he was a bit intimidated at first and gravitated initially to the woman and kept coming back to me (again, what he was used to), but he was already warming up to the men before I left. They knew that they'd need to make a little extra effort with him and I believe they will and I don't think it will take very much.

O'Keefe has found a new home.
















No comments: