Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thursday walk

Today was six days in a row that I've been out on the trails. The weather has been good so I hate to miss a day, and I'll have to miss Friday because of other commitments. Maya and I did over five miles today and I've added up more than 29 miles over the past six days. I'm feeling it tonight, and so is Maya!
First wild flowers!

I was feeling pretty good, getting near the end of the trail today, when along comes a young man, tall, really long legs, not an ounce of fat on him. He strides towards us easily covering twice my stride with each step, with less than half the effort. I'm huffing and puffing, he's not even breathing hard. It was a humbling moment, but then I realized that I wasn't even in that good of shape when I was his age. (Actually, he needed some food.)

Anyway, Maya and I had a good, fast walk. We are both tired this evening. I came home and made steak and ale pie (I'm teaching myself how to cook pub food). It wasn't perfect but it came out pretty good and I know what I'll do differently next time.
A bottle of Guinness went into the
steak and ale pie, plus stew meat, carrots,
onions, turnips, and potatoes.
Today's route, 5.17 miles







Maya was actually tired when we got home.

But she will recover quickly and is probably
ready to go again already.




No comments: