Monday, April 21, 2014

Nothing new

Sparky splashing in a stream at our first water
crossing, about three miles into the hike.
I haven't written a blog post in a few days and if you follow my posts on Facebook, you'll know that nothing much is going on right now.

It's spring, the grass is growing, and I'm mowing, that's about it. Not very exciting stuff although it is pretty decent exercise. In fact it is mowing that got me started walking last summer, using a 33" wide cut, walk behind Cub Cadet to cut the part of our property that we consider and treat as "lawn," as opposed to the rest of it that we consider "pasture." I kept the lawn cut with the walk behind mower last year and I plan to do so again this year. It cuts into my hiking time, but it's still some exercise and it needs to be done. I have great ambitions for getting a lot of deferred maintenance on the trees, shrubs, and planting beds taken care of this year too. I was never one for new year's resolutions.  For me, spring is the time for great ambitions, many of which will wither in the heat of summer.

This dog can't take a bad picture.
I had gotten a substantial portion of the lawn mowed over the past three or four days, so today I got Sparky out for a hike and then just a little more mowing in the evening.








This stop was just a photo op.

Sparky can drink running water
out of a tap.  @ 6 miles

After a drink, a roll in the grass, just because.
Too pretty to pass by without a picture.


Final water stop, @ 7 miles





Today's route, 8.41 miles

No comments: