Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Our day in the sun

It's been cloudy and rainy here for so long I almost forgot what the sun looked like. It was a pleasant surprise to look out the window and see blue sky and sunshine today. I haven't been out to hike in forever, between the kitchen project and the weather, but I was determined to do so today.
Abby wasn't great on a leash, but she wasn't the worst.

It was late afternoon by the time I finished work, but I loaded up Maya and Abby and we did a quick four miles at Pleasant Grove. I stuck to trails that I knew wouldn't be too muddy and we had a fine time. It was Abby's first hike and she loved it, she had her nose to the ground the entire time.

When we got back I did a quick feeding and shuffled some dogs around and then took Theo, Xochi, and Max out to the pasture for some twilight ball. New tennis balls show up well even as it was getting dark, so the three of them got in some good exercise.

I took advantage of the nice weather and filled up the outdoor water tanks. It was dark by the time I was finished, but it was a great way to finish the day. I feel the best I have since the last time I walked. I just have to get out there and do it even when I don't have time and even when the weather sucks. I don't have to do that much, but if I don't do anything, I feel like shit.

I love Maya's tail.



This was the most time Maya and Abby have
spent alone together. It's a good way to bond.



Xochi with tennis ball

Max got one ball and then ran off on his own. Theo and
Xochi played fetch with me until we couldn't see the balls.

Too dark for pictures, but they never missed a ball.

A flock of geese flying overhead. I heard them honking and looked up.
Otherwise, I wouldn't have seen them.

No comments: