Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Spring Snow

Max and Theo
It's the first full day of spring, but we got as much snow as we had all winter. Fortunately it was Clay's day off so he didn't have to venture out, although really the roads were fine and seemed to be completely clear by noon. I took varying combinations of dogs outdoors from time to time, and later in the afternoon I took Maya and TJ for a three mile hike at Pleasant Grove. We had the park pretty much to ourselves, which was nice. The snow kept falling but it was warm enough that the accumulation was actually going down as the day went on. Walking in even a little bit of snow is significantly more work than walking on dry ground, but we enjoyed it. I figured that since I ask TJ, a husky, to walk in heat of the summer, I owed it to him to take him out on one of the few snowy days we've had all year.
Lego wanted to play with the snow as I was
shoveling it off the boardwalk.




Theo was eager to go outside every time I went.

Trooper brought some snow inside with him.

Little Mila stepped carefully through the
snow. She went back home this afternoon.
Left to Right: Theo, Max, and Lego

The same three boys with Jackie standing behind them.



Sparky came out a couple times, but he really prefers a
nice cozy bed indoors over playing in the snow these days.

Theo and Lego


Sparky
Jackie standing in front of the house, which is visible
again since the boxwoods were cut back.

Max in front with a stick. Lego never seems to have more
than two feet on the ground. That's Theo in the rear.


TJ's coat is perfect camouflage for this
environment in this season.




2 comments:

Byron's Mom said...

Love all the shots you took!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing these happy pups. Makes my day!

Jamie