Thursday, March 15, 2018

Axel, ready for anything

I first had Axel back in July and August of 2017. I had taken him in as a medical foster for the HOWS Project. He had been injured by another dog and needed a place to recover. The owners also agreed to have him neutered so he needed to recover after that. Ultimately they agreed to surrender him and I was very glad because he was a nice, sweet boy and I hated the idea of sending him back to a trailer park to live on a chain. He was adopted out but it didn't work out and he came back to me a few weeks ago. It's time now to find him a new home.
Axel playing with Lenny and Lego

He's as good a dog as he was the first time around. He's sweet, smart, friendly, and very good looking. Axel is house trained and crate trained, although he will exercise every male dog's prerogative to mark at least once in a new place. He's very good with other dogs and really, really likes to run and play. He can jump a four foot fence but he has only done it once since he's been back at our place, and even then he didn't run off, he just wanted to check out the yard. Axel is about two years old, I would say, and he's neutered and current on shots.

HOWS isn't really an adoption organization so, with their blessing, I'm going to place him through Promises Animal Rescue and he will be going to his first adoption event this weekend.

I took Axel and Maya out for a hike today. We did five miles but Axel was ready for five more. He's a young dog in the prime of his life and he's ready for absolutely anything, the more active the better. He's not mouthy or jumpy. He has lived with a child. Single? He's attractive enough to get you some attention and he's not the jealous type; he will like and accept your new boyfriend or girlfriend.

You can contact Axel's foster home at vadogrescue@gmail.com.







Axel (left) reminds me very much of my Maya (right).
I bet they are about the same percentage of shepherd
although the rest of their mix may vary.

It was windy on today's hike and I caught
a picture of the wind splaying out the hair
on Axel's tail revealing the color underneath.
Axel is always in the center of play, he's happy to be chewed
on and he can chase or be chased. 







1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

Axel is a beautiful pup! Looks like he's an adopter's dream!