Friday, March 30, 2018

Trooper and Maya

It was like old times. I took just Trooper and Maya out hiking today. Trooper had been wanting to go and I didn't take Maya yesterday and knew I couldn't get away with that again.

These two are always in tune with each
other when they walk.
It was windy but sunny, still quite nice, but there weren't a lot of people in the park. We encountered no one when we were out on the trails.

They have developed a disc golf course that runs through the woods. I've seen bits and pieces of it from other trails, but today I started at the beginning and followed the entire route. It's a nine hole course now, but they are developing another nine a short distance away through more open space. I think it's a good thing and hope it will bring another group of people to use the park in a low impact activity.

Trooper and Maya were both aware that we were on a new route and that got their interest in a way that trodding the old trails does not. I picked a route without a lot of hills (we didn't go down to the river), and Trooper held up pretty well. Three miles was long enough for him. When we got back to the van, he looked at the jump he needed to make to get in, and I thought maybe I'd need to boost him up, but he made it. He's a trooper. Good walk with two of my favorite dogs to walk with.

If you've never seen a disc golf course, the
green thing in back is the "hole" or target.
Players throw a frisbee towards it and
eventually into it.



Maya, my palomino shepherd



Trooper's ears are very alert, even if they are tipped at the end.












No comments: