Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Former fosters and visitors

Betty, 2018
This past weekend was the Pet Expo up in northern Virginia. VGSR always has a booth and I've gone to it many years in the past, but this year I gave it a pass. I had an email from another VGSR volunteer, however, who said that a couple had stopped by the booth and asked for me. They had adopted a young dog named Betty from me many years ago. I did a search on my blog and found mentions and pictures of Betty back in January and February, 2009.
Betty, 2009

Betty is older, wider, and grayer now, as am I, but she looks even happier now, settled, secure, and well-loved.

I'm sorry I missed seeing them; this sort of thing just makes my day.




















Tennessee Blue, enforcing the "no humans allowed on the sofa" rule.
The other picture I received recently is this one on the left from Tennessee Blue's new home. You can see that he's really roughing it.
The picture of Tenny Blue stretched out on the sofa
reminded me of this meme I saved from Facebook.



























We had a visit from Felix this past Sunday when he and his folks came over for corned beef and cabbage, and beer. 

Here are a couple pictures of Felix and Lenny.  I had taken Lenny to meet him once before, but Lenny was much more relaxed on his own turf.




























And our most recent visitor and overnight guest is this little Brittany girl named Mila. She belongs to a cousin of mine (second cousin technically) who lives in NoVA. He was "fostering" her and failed at it, as so many of us do. He adopted her and she's staying with us just one night while he's in Charlottesville for a conference.

She came into rescue with a broken leg, which has healed, but she's missing most of the toes on her right rear foot, although it doesn't seem to bother her in the least. She is settled into a crate in my office sleeping through this rainy day.






No comments: