Saturday, June 9, 2018

June garden progress

It's Saturday but I didn't have any obligations so I put in some overtime with my day job. Consequently I have nothing new and nothing dog related to share, but there's always garden pictures. Here's a few I've taken over the last week.

I'm having to hoe weeds in the walkways through the garden, but the plants and pots themselves are pretty low maintenance, other than needing water. I'm working on getting my fountains functioning again, which means plugging holes so they will hold water for more than a couple minutes. It's




These next four pictures are from my shade garden, which is
just a collection of four pots on the back side of a tree that
shades them from afternoon sun. Tuberous begonias here.
I've never been successful with calla lilies,
maybe this is the year.

Fuchsia in colors that can only be described as
gaudy, but I love the stuff.
Caladium, other begonias, and another fuchsia.


Red cannas in a very large pot with a lot
of red saliva at their base.




The sun was coming from the wrong angle when I took this, but you can see how well the sweet
potato vines are doing. Almost as well as the weeds on the ground below.



I think this pot is going to be pretty all summer long. It's a large, cast iron
kettle with a lantana in center and surrounded by similarly colored
marigolds. Simple but pretty.



2 comments:

Byron's Mom said...

Just beautiful! I wish I had your green thumbs!

Anonymous said...

I love your flowers and your dogs!

Jamie