Sunday, June 17, 2018

Hot weather hikes

It's been mostly short hikes lately, two miles or so, sometimes more than one a day, sometimes not. Trooper and TJ really need early morning walks or I have to keep it to just a mile. Rugger and Theo are good for a few more miles, and Maya, of course, would follow me to the ends of the earth.


Trooper always wants to go, even on days that he shouldn't.
We went before noon on Friday and he was
good for about two miles.




Rugger is fascinated by the minnows in the water.


TJ is fine when we are in the woods
but the direct sun is tough on him (and me).
If Rugger has an limitation we haven't reached it yet. He is
always ready to go and go again.


Theo and Maya and I did five miles on Sunday
morning. He's a good walker.
When I walk TJ we stop at all the shady spots.


Maya seems certain that something must be hiding in the grass.
Maya and Theo both look and listen for deer.





No comments: