Saturday, June 8, 2019

Panic has left the building

I took Panic (Pan) and Zeus to an adoption event with Promises Animal Rescue today. It was the first adoption event for both. Pan left with a new home and actually had multiple applicants who came to meet him. I didn't get many pictures of Pan today, but I did get him adopted to a great home and that's what it's all about.

Pan was happy and excited. He loved meeting everyone and he expresses himself very well. He reverted to his jumping up behavior a little bit but as I told the adopters, if you are quick to put a hand out in front of you it stops that quite well. I really had forgotten about it because he hasn't done it around here in weeks. 

He was happy to go with them and I was happy to send him off. He wanted and needed more attention than I was able to provide, especially since I haven't been able to hike with him since hurting my back. His new owners will, and they have another dog for him to play with.

Pan has lost weight but I don't really know how much. The adopters are going to keep him on the green bean diet for now. They will see their vet this next week and promised to let me know his new weight.

I took in Pan because he was a great dog in a bad situation and I thought he would be an easy placement. For once, at least, I think I was right.




























Zeus has a longer history with Promises than I had realized. I took him in from someone who was going on vacation, but he's actually been with Promises for a while. He had a large growth removed from one of his legs, and he's been through heartworm treatment. Today was actually the first time he's been out in public to an adoption event. He was a bit vocal (barky) when he saw another dog, but he was good when they actually met. We were told that he's not good with small dogs or cats so we didn't even try meeting any of those.

Someone has done some training with Zeus, probably since coming into the rescue. He sits, shakes hands, and even downs. He also walks well on a leash. Today wasn't his day but I have no doubt that his day will come. He enjoyed himself and slept soundly all the way home.




Debbie extended her arm, trying to get him to
"down." Zeus matched her move.


































1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

So happy for Pan! Zeus is sooo handsome! His forever family is out there:-)