Sunday, June 9, 2019

Walking Away my Problems

It's been a week since I hurt my back. I'm no longer crying or screaming out in pain when I move, but it's far from feeling normal still. I'm able to function, do most of the feeding, but I'm not doing any yard work and the weeds are taking over. Sunday morning looked like we'd have a few hours without rain so I decided to try walking away my problems.

I thought a little easy walking might help and it was worth a try because even the meds aren't really alleviating the pain and discomfort I still have. I wasn't about to try wrangling three dogs, or even two, or even one who might hurt me, so of course I took Maya.

We had Pleasant Grove to ourselves Sunday morning. I wasn't up for doing the muddy trails so we just did the two mile route on the road through the park. Maya enjoyed it and taking her alone reinforced her position as Daddy's Girl, in case anyone was having any doubts.

The walk went fine, Maya is the perfect dog on a leash, in the absence of deer anyway. My legs are fine, except for the numbness in my left thigh. My back is not fine and I've scheduled another visit to my doctor for Monday afternoon.







1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

I hope you get some helpful news today at the docs!