Wednesday, August 7, 2019

ID issues

Sunrise over a misty pasture at the Puppy Palace.
We had removed all the collars at yesterday's photo shoot. I brought them home and put them back on, working out who was who based on sex, coloring, markings, and the process of elimination. I thought I had them all back on right, but wasn't entirely sure about Peroni, Stella, and Sierra. Actually I could identify Peroni by her white splash, and I thought I could tell Stella and Sierra apart based on size, but Stella has almost caught up to Sierra so it was a close call. We sorted it out today and I had everyone in the correct collar except Stella and Sierra. I had switched those but we got it straightened out and today everyone got microchipped so now we have a definite form of identification.

This is the greeting I get when opening the doors in the morning. Everyone is happy and excited, and hungry, and they all come rushing out.




I added a crate indoors today, so the puppies would get used
to sleeping in there and feel comfortable about it. A couple
of them went in right away.
Della is popular with the pups even when she isn't nursing.

One-on-one time with mom is always good.



Della and Serena playing with each other in the yard.


Della let the pups nurse for a bit this evening, while she
was standing up. Then she laid down and regurgitated her
own food to share with them. I guess it was an easier way
for her to feed the puppies because I don't think she's got
much milk left.
Peroni sitting in my lap in the evening.
This was the first time I had seen one of the pups (Paulaner)
get up in one of these chairs on their own.
Evening play time.
After Paulaner did it, Chimay did so as well. Up till now
they hadn't been able to get up onto these chairs on their own.

They are beginning to outgrow their sleeping box. But they like to be
close and snuggle so they still make it work. One pup (Chimay) was off
 in another sleeping spot when I took this.













1 comment:

Claire said...

Whew!! Good thing you corrected the collars. We can’t have Stella and Sierra going to the wrong homes! ;) LOL It’s amazing to see them run out of the shed. What a huge difference from last week when they were hesitant to do so. Thanks for all of the wonderful updates! I look forward to seeing them every day.