Saturday, August 10, 2019

Not Just Puppies

Today wasn't all about puppies, but of course it started with them.

I'm not so crazy about being up early enough to see it,
 but the sunrise is beautiful.
First breakfast is the biggest meal of the day,
 and they devour it all.

A trio of pups in morning light.


After the puppies have eaten, Della comes in to supervise play.







After everyone was fed, I loaded up Maya and  Zeus and we went for a three mile hike at Pleasant Grove. I went back into the woods today on part of the route. So far I haven't found any ticks as a result. Zeus is good on a leash. The dogs had a great time.















































Back at home I needed to clean up some downed limbs as a result of some recent storms. I had Serena and Della out with me, but Serena really dislikes the sound of the mower I was driving and especially the chain saw that I was using, so she made herself scarce. Della followed me around as I cut the limbs and then hauled them down to the brush pile in the lower pasture.














































Clay mowed the upper pasture this afternoon. After I was done with the limbs I took Theo and Max out there for some ball and run time. It was too hot by then to play ball for very long, but both boys enjoyed it. Then I mowed the dog yard while they were still in the pasture.




Puppy feeding and outdoor play time happens four times a day. They are in the air conditioned shed sleeping and growing in between those times. Some friends stopped by late in the afternoon and brought a couple new toys. The pups were in between play times, but they rallied and enjoyed the new toys, as well as the lap time.
















1 comment:

Claire said...

It sounds like you all had a full day! Pleasant Grove is a great day to take the dogs. We love it there!