Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Mud season shut-ins

I haven't been posting much lately because we've all been shut-ins around here. Staying at home is wonderful and it's my preferred pastime, but being forced to stay at home and inside because of bad weather gets old really fast. The dogs are bored and either don't want to go out or I don't want them to go out to come back all wet and muddy. I wish I had a great room with a stone floor and a big fireplace where everyone could get as wet as they want and come in and cozy up to the fire to get warm and dry, and have plenty of room to romp and wrestle with a willing play partner indoors. But this old house isn't that. My current house fantasy is a barndominium, with all that down below and a separate, warm, dry, and clean area up above. We got three inches of rain on Tuesday and I hate it, but I am glad we didn't get that much fallen  precipitation as snow, because we'd be measuring that in feet instead of inches and then we'd really be long term shut-ins.

Most of the dogs got bored and restless, and I did too. We were all glad to see the sun today although there is still so much standing water that it will be a while before anything begins to actually dry out. There's more rain in the forecast for Friday, and possibly snow next week, so we are well into the mud season.







This shadowy creature looks rather ominous, 
but it's actually just Oakley standing up against the dog yard fence.

I got a new rain gauge installed in time to measure Tuesday's 3" of rain.

Della and Bailey vying for my attention in bed too early in the morning.

Della actually initiates play with her.





Elvis and Paisley

Bailey and Dodger playing in the office

Paige, staying away from a cat at Green Dogs this evening.


Oakley


No comments: