Sunday, January 28, 2024

Paige

 I've been needing to get Paige posted for some time now and get going on trying to find her a home. It's been slow because I sort of need her as a companion for Oakley but Oakley's not going anywhere any time soon and that's not fair to Paige. Also, Paige needs some experiences and influences other than Oakley. Today I took her on a solo walk so I could get some pictures and this is what I've come up with as a write up.

Paige is approximately 6-8 months old, a female Great Dane who will be spayed prior to adoption. Paige is a sweet, somewhat shy girl. She's living with seven other dogs, but has not been around cats as far as I know. She was a stray from a shelter, never claimed, so we don't know her backstory, but she seems like a normal pup, actually fairly calm for her age. Her puppiness shows mainly in her lack of experience with anything new. She's not fearful, however, and is willing to try most anything asked of her. She's got decent leash manners, really doesn't pull, but she does have a tendency to cross in front of me while we're walking so she's a bit of tripping hazard. Paige uses a crate without any problems when she's left alone indoors and at night. She still young enough and puppy enough to occasionally get into things that aren't hers. Her house manners aren't perfect but she's better behaved than several older dogs I've got. 

Basically Paige is a sweet and sensitive Dane, she responds well to positive reinforcement, loves treats, and seems to crave being touched. She likes to walk very closely next to me, often maintaining contact with her head and soft face. I like that.













No comments: