Monday, January 1, 2024

New year walk

 It was cloudy and chilly today, not real inviting weather for a walk but I needed it.




Not long ago I saw something on either Facebook or TikTok about vertical beams of light. I think it was an atmospheric phenomenon and I seem to remember that it was something that occurred further north, like Alaska or Scandinavia. I don't know that this is such a thing, but I saw it late this afternoon towards the end of our walk. Interesting, whatever it is.

Ok, I just read up on sun pillars or light pillars. They are caused by light reflecting off ice crystals in the atmosphere. The light source can be the sun, at sunset or sunrise, or an artificial light source. It certainly felt cold enough today and I can believe that there were ice crystals in the clouds.

I needed a little more distance to make three miles so we walked over and made an appearance on the stage in the open field next to the pole barn. 



Three miles

The other thing I did today was clean up the puppy shed and fix it up a bit for Norman. I've got a space heater going out there now and a heated pad under one of his beds. I gave him a little pasture and yard time today as well. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does Norman seem happy to be home with you? He's so handsome.