Sunday, March 24, 2024

Close, but no cigar

Ford and Biscuit both were nearly adopted this weekend. Ford's prospect ended up adopting another dog elsewhere. Biscuit's prospect decided against adopting at all. That's all right, their time will come. It has to be right for the dogs and adopters too. All of this happened on Friday and Saturday, so I took both boys to another adoption event on Sunday. Biscuit has a number of interested applicants, and one couple came to meet him today. They seemed to like him but their application isn't approved yet so both dogs came back home with me.

I've had a busy weekend, on my feet and on the go all day, both days. That's the surest sign of spring, there's a lot to do. It's Sunday evening and I'm going to bed early tonight. 

Ford and Biscuit

















The pictures above were from today's adoption event. I only stayed about an hour because I had things to do at home.

Saturday I scored a lot of bulbs at Costco, cannas, begonias, caladiums, sedum, and two giant elephant ears. I planted them in starter pots and put them into my cold frame. Of course, I had help.

Paisley


Candace


Candace and Paisley

Paisley, Maya, and Elvis

Paisley

The potted bulbs in the cold frame.


Clay and I are down to one vehicle so I had to take him to work at Patch today before the adoption event. After I finished my planting and puttering Sunday afternoon, Bailey and I drove back to Patch to bring him home. I had a beer, Bailey had several dog treats.










No comments: