Sunday, March 10, 2024

Ford

I got back home Saturday night about midnight and had a new foster dog by Sunday afternoon. His name is Ford and he's with Green Dogs Unleashed. He's about a year old, neutered male, possibly a lab/aussie mix? He's deaf but not blind. He's crate trained and seems to be house trained and he's good with other dogs. 

I put Ford in the dog yard and brought out Maya, Della, Paisley, and Elvis to meet him through the fence. I soon let Maya and Elvis in with him and he was running and playing with Elvis almost immediately. I later brought in Della who checked him out and Paisley who just ignored him, which was best. I moved him over the a/c yard next to the house and then let Bailey out with him. It didn't take long before they are playing together and they continued that after I brought them in the house. 

As I'm writing this on Sunday evening, he's laying next to my chair in the office. I'll put him and Bailey in adjacent crates tonight. 

He's a great dog. He knows some sign language and apparently is very food motivated. He ate dinner this evening near Bailey (I stood between them). He ate his food immediately and with enthusiasm, no sign of even considering a hunger strike. He's a young dog so of course he will need some continued training and I think a home with a play companion would be ideal. Welcome Ford.

This is Ford. Look at that beautiful tail.

Maya telling him how things work around here.

Elvis was very playful and frisky today.
The two of them had some good run and chase.


Getting checked out by Della.

Meeting Bailey

Similar age and size, they should play well together.


Clay told me that Bailey has been playing with Della while I've been gone
so she's been working on her aerial game and tried it out on Ford as well.





No comments: