Thursday, March 14, 2024

Walking into spring

 Monday: It was my first day walking since I got back from Montana. I had to take the two who had missed it most, Della and Elvis. 




Tuesday: Della again, but with Paisley this time. Paisley was very happy to be included. I remembered back to when I first got Paisley and started walking with her. She was scared of me and would walk a full leash length away from me, far out to the side where she would keep an eye on any movement I made. She's still freaky weird, but she's also very devoted to me now and thinks she's my number one outdoor guardian dog. 






Wednesday: I didn't hike because we went to town in the evening and saw a film at the Paramount Theater, Painting the Modern Garden: Monet to Matisse. It was good and it was timely. Really got me thinking about this year's garden projects. I have lots to do and need to get started on it this weekend.



When I left for Montana there were just a few daffodils in bloom. When I returned, they all were. This is the best these daffodils have ever bloomed and I had planted 100 more inside the fence, but I haven't seen any of them yet this spring.



This saucer magnolia in the center of the driveway is having a good year too. Some years it gets nipped by frost, but there's been no threat of that this year. There's a certain time early in the morning when you can see the blue meteor lights that I hung in this tree and the pink flowers before the sun comes up enough to shut off the lights. I saw it this morning, very pretty. 

Thursday: Bailey and Ford. I have been neglecting my baby girl since I got back because she's been tasked with baby sitting the new foster, Ford, and both of them have been spending the days out in Daneland with Norman to keep him company. I need to start walking Norman but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. Today I walked Bailey and Ford. I put rope harnesses on both and expected both to be out front pulling me like a team of horses. Bailey certainly did so, but Ford surprised me. The former owners must have done some work walking with him. He was out front with her part of the time, but he never really pulled me and he often dropped back and walked right next to me. He's really a nice dog. The first couple of nights he fussed and cried in the crate for a while at night, but he's over that now, and unlike Bailey he doesn't destroy the nice bed in his crate. 







2.4 miles

No comments: