Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New beginnings

"New Beginnings" is the name of the glee club on the TV show "Glee." It's the best thing on television in a long time, although you need to follow it long enough to get into it. Two bad things about it: (1) it's on Fox; and (2) it's off the air until this year's American Idol series is over. Fans of the show call themselves "gleeks," a combination of "glee" and "geek." It probably started out as a disparaging term, but has been proudly adopted by those at whom it was aimed.

Rescue work is all about new beginnings, which is what I was thinking about when I titled this post, but I couldn't resist the chance to give Glee a plug, in spite of the fact that it's on the rightwing nazi network.
This is the next dog I hope to have, a young male shepherd being called Dakota. He was a stray and was found in a location where dogs are often dumped. He was skittish enough that he had to be trapped, but once he meets a person he warms up very quickly.

I met him yesterday and his stray hold expires either today or tomorrow. After that he will be neutered and on his way to my place. He's a good looking dog, he's young, he prances when he moves, and he did very well on his behavior evaluation, including meeting other dogs and even cats. He should be an easy one to place, but I'm prepared to be very picky about where he goes.



No call yet from VaTech today. Paul will probably call late this evening as I think that is about his last task of the day before he goes home. I'm not expecting any real news today anyway, but would like to hear that they are still planning to do the second surgery tomorrow.

No comments: