Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Another day, another dog

I know I said that I was full and wasn't taking in any more dogs, but this is one I had previously agreed to take.  His arrival was delayed for about 2 weeks, but I drove to Staunton to meet a transport yesterday and brought him home. 

He has the unfortunate name of "Bubba."  Why on earth anyone would name their dog something that just screams white trash is beyond me, but it says a lot about where he came from.  He seems like a nice dog, if not totally a German Shepherd.  He came with a female that they were breeding (bottom left) and with one of her puppies (bottom right).  Another dog from another shelter, a small shepherd mix, was on the same transport (bottom center).  Those three dogs went elsewhere, I just brought home Bubba.  The puppy was full of worms and I'm assuming that Bubba is too, so he's in a kennel by himself until he's had 3 days of Panacure.

This is a short week, Wednesday and Thursday evenings are booked, so I need to stay home and work during the days, and consequently I can't get him to the vet until Friday.  Boomer is going to go along too, to weigh in and to consult with the vet about what we try next, because he still doesn't seem to be gaining weight.  I put off Kane's heartworm treatment to next week to give him a chance to put on a few more pounds and because I didn't have time to drive him in there yesterday morning.  I have someone interested in meeting Sunny and I really hope we can make that happen.  Sugar will go along on Friday's outing as well, because she needs to meet cats.  If she's ok with them, I can probably move her to Sadie's prior foster home.  I have several emails and applications for Belle now that I need to sort through. 

Ten fosters is too many. I don't have time to get pics taken and edited and posted on the web with writeups. I can't actively promote this many dogs for adoption so some of them are really just on hold. Of course several of them are holding for medical issues as well. It's actually not too many to take care of, however. We have facilities to handle them all and they are an easy group in terms of temperament, so I can have everyone in groups. Still, I desperately need to start moving some out of there this weekend.

No comments: