Friday, September 3, 2010

A++

This little girl, Sunny, really impressed me today. She was already vaccinated, and I had wormed her, but I realized t hat she needed a heartworm/lyme/erlichia test. I called this morning and Old Dominion got me in at 10:45.

Sunny was friendly, outgoing but not overly bold, just appropriately a little nervous about being at a vet's office. She had obviously been to a vet before, and they confirmed for me that she was indeed previously spayed.

Lab/shepherd mix is everyone's best guess, it does seem to be a very nice mix. She's got the shepherd's intelligence and focus, but isn't neurotic or high-strung. The lab element in her tempers that nicely.

She does love the water and has been self-bathing in the water tanks.


And not only did she test negative for heartworms, Lyme, and Erlichia, she also proved to be cat-friendly!

They had a dog-friendly cat out in the lobby at the vet's office and brought her out to meet Sunny nose-to-nose. Sunny showed no aggression at all and backed away from the cat when the cat made any move towards her.

She has been a nice, quiet, easy foster here at home and is getting along well with Teddy and even little Belle. The only thing I can say bad about her is that she gets car-sick. But that isn't really anything bad or wrong with the dog. She's just never traveled much and is scared by it. It's a problem that a little more experience will cure.

5 comments:

mythreepups said...

She's wonderful. I like her markings.

Nerdy Knitter said...

Eep! I love her! Too bad we're not ready for that 2nd dog yet...

Anonymous said...

How old is she? She looks young.

Brent said...

She is maybe 2 years old, no more than 3, I would guess closer to 2.

BudsBuddy said...

Sounds like Sunny will find herself a great home in no time (with a little help from Brent of course).