Monday, September 20, 2010

Reunion 2010, part 1 of 3


Virginia German Shepherd Rescue has a reunion each year. It's held up in Reston and is about a 2.5 hour drive for me, but it was well worth the trip yesterday. I lost track of number of my former fosters who were there, but when I got home and counted them up, I came up with 11. Then I had a message on Facebook from someone who was there but I hadn't seen, bringing the total to 12. This morning I looked at the pics on my camera and realized there was one more I hadn't included in the count, making it a baker's dozen. Top row, Kate, on left, from her time in foster care back in 2007, and on right, from yesterday's reunion. She is now called Dusty and she is beautiful.



My camera did not cooperate. I got a few pics, and had some friends take a few more for me. In some cases I'm using my old pics of the dogs from their time in foster care, at least until I get some new ones. Second row of pics, Malachi, from his time in foster care on left, and on right, from yesterday. He was a good boy yesterday and his dad was very pleased and proud of him. He's now just called Kai. He was very skinny as a foster and has filled out perfectly.


Third row, left, Betty as a foster, and at right, Betty at yesterday's reunion.  Betty seems to have a problem with seizures, but hasn't had one in a while now so they are hoping that the low dose of medication and some other changes have got them under control.  She's in very good hands.


The first former foster I saw yesterday was the one I forgot until I saw his picture on my camera this morning.  This is Bruno as a foster at left, and from yesterday at right.  He blew out his thick Swiss Mountain Dog coat for the summer so he looks much sleeker now, but I bet he will grow it back for winter.

Duke is a really handsome boy.  I adopted him to a family with two young children, including a new born, which I would normally never do, but these are dog people and they made it all work.  Duke has been great with the kids and seemed very happy. None of my Duke pictures from yesterday came out.  These are from Duke's time in foster care (left), and just after his adoption, playing with his new dad (right).




No comments: