Sunday, December 5, 2010

A dog-friendly home for Pancho

Pancho is the new rottie I got on Thursday.  He's been great, gets along well, good in the crate, got with the program right away.  He was still a bit scared of me and he hadn't yet eaten, mostly because I wouldn't give in and do the canned food. 

But today he went to a new home.  It's a dog-friendly place with a huge fenced yard and six other dogs if I counted and remembered correctly.  One of the dogs is a rottie, Max, adopted from me about 7 or 8 years ago they said. 

Pancho fit right in.  He was good with the dogs, seemed ok with the cats too, and took a few spoonfuls of canned food.  I'm sure he got some canned with with dinner and has had his first good meal since he left home Thursday morning. 

I don't usually have a lot good to say about dog dumpers, but he was well cared for, well trained, and well socialized.  He was happy and content there when I left.  He hadn't yet entirely warmed up to me, but his new owners, both women, were getting kisses from him right from the beginning. 

1 comment:

BudsBuddy said...

So glad to hear Pancho found a new home so quickly. He sounds like a wonderful dog, and I'm sure he'll enjoy all his new playmates (canine and human!).