Wednesday, December 22, 2010

...whatever

Well, after delaying a couple days I had the sense that Biscuit's prospective adopter was getting cold feet, and sure enough, she wrote last night to cancel today's adoption.  I don't know why, it doesn't matter, I am glad it happened today instead of two days from now or two weeks from now.  What it means is that I now have to get in gear and get pics and a write up for Biscuit and get him on the web. 

He's a good dog--housetrained, doesn't need a crate, and fine with other dogs.  He's a big dog with kind of a menacing look, but is actually very sweet.


Yesterday I picked up a new shepherd from the Orange shelter, anticipating that Biscuit would be getting adopted today.  I'm considering naming him Solstice since I got him yesterday. He's 1.5 years old, unneutered, and has Biscuit's coloring.  The similar look, which is rather unusual in shepherds, and the fact that they both came from Orange County makes me think that they originated from the same breeder.  He brings us back to a total of 8 fosters even with Trooper's transfer from the "foster" to "resident" category. I was hoping to stay even, Biscuit out and new guy in, but I was pretty well committed to taking the new guy anyway. 


I've also committed to taking this guy, sometime after Christmas.  He's a boxer mix, less than a year old, very good looking dog.  Very cute, reminds me a bit of our Cabell when we got him (below). 

2 comments:

Nerdy Knitter said...

What's the cute new guy's name (the one who looks like a young Cabel)? So cute!!!

BudsBuddy said...

So young and cute, he'll get adopted in a minute!