Friday, December 17, 2010

A little news

Teddy's new mom called today and said that he's now coming in the house with no problem and he's getting a little bit friendlier, slowly.  He seems happy and is making contact with her now, at least sometimes. 

I met Tasha's Thanksgiving fosters up in Culpeper this morning and they took her back with them again.  She was very happy to see them.  That freed up an indoor slot around here. 

Trooper has been occupying a crate in the office, but he will now take Tasha's spot in the bedroom at night and I'll bring Jeremy indoors along with TJ and Biscuit.  One day this weekend I'll fill out the paperwork and officially adopt Trooper.

Someone is meeting Biscuit tomorrow who is very interested in him.  His indoor manners are good, better if he's not crated, actually.  I'm taking him and others to an adoption event in Richmond on Saturday and in Front Royal on Sunday.

There's still another GSD in Orange who looks like Biscuit.  I hope to be able to bring him in next week.

Buddy was returned the other day.  He had gotten protective/possessive in the house and nipped a visitor.  I think it's just a puppy phase he's going through, belatedly.  He needs an household with an experienced owner and, I think, a dominant male influence, human or canine, so he doesn't feel the need or opportunity to assume the alpha male role in the pack. 

Sorry about the recycled pictures.  I'm getting a new camera for xmas, should be here soon.

1 comment:

mythreepups said...

That's great about Trooper. I'm glad he'll be staying on.