Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday

This post has no coherent theme, just a string of rather unrelated news and events.  That's pretty much been my day today as well, trying to work, take care of dogs, and getting stuff done before vacation.  So, with no particular order, here's what I've got today.

This is Odie, a nice big bi-color that I adopted out a few weeks ago.  It doesn't show too well in this picture, but that's a cat curled up in his food dish, and it wasn't his dinner. 

So Odie is doing fine with the cat, and he's putting on some weight, which he needed, and is beginning to show his playful side.  He's got a boy to call his own, who is just the right age to have a dog like Odie. 

Yesterday's shameless plea netted me another temporary foster home, for Ryland.  I'm very happy about that because Ry has really taken to being an indoor dog and I think he will fit in well where he's going as a temporary foster.  All of the dogs going to temporary foster homes will benefit from the experience and will be more adoptable as a result of it.

That gets me down to just three foster dogs, Bo, Sparky, and Gypsy Jr., that will stay here along with our dogs to protect the housesitter without overwhelming him.  That's still 9 dogs, mind you, but that's a lot less than I usually have to deal with when going out of town. 

This is a photo and email I was really happy to get.  This is the Tessa who was returned to me reportedly due to aggression problems.   She is vocal, they say, and plays rougher than some dogs, but she hasn't had any problems in her new home, except that her humans can't always figure out when she needs to go outside.  They are still in training.  They call her "Hurricane Tessa."  They have another shepherd as you can see from the photo, (I can't remember is name right now), and I'm sure he's exhausted from playing with her.  She obviously looks very well settled in and comfortable in her new home. 

Tomorrow morning, it's Schatze's turn for a new home.  She now insists upon coming inside, after just a brief time outdoors.  She's happy in her crate up here in the office all day.  She is ready for a home and I think she will be very happy with her new one.

I ran across this today, and thought to myself, "I resemble that remark." 


No comments: