Saturday, September 3, 2011

Getting it together



I always wonder if all the things that need to be done before going on vacation can possibly get done.  Partly that's because I set vacation time as the deadline for many things that don't really have anything to do with vacation, like cleaning the house (I hate the thought of coming home to a dirty house), going to the dump, cutting the pasture, spaying weeds, etc.  If I had anything to do with planning the vacation itself it would probably never happen, there would always be more things that need to be done first. 

I feel that we made real progress today on several fronts.  I got our trash to the dump, we did some shopping for the trip, but more importantly, we got Schatze adopted. 



We met the adopter just off of I-64 at the Toano exit, between Richmond and Williamsburg.  He had met Schatze before.  She rode quietly in the van as she always does.  There was a lot of activity at the McDonalds where we met, and in true female shepherd form, she took it all in, alert and observing everything, probably planning out in her head how she would handle and organize all the people if given the chance.  She hopped into his Jeep Wrangler (I had Jeep envy), and off they went. 

He wants a companion and so does she.  She really wants a one-on-one relationship with her person.  Her attachment to me as her foster was extraordinary, and I really didn't do anything to encourage it.  Show this dog some care and attention and she will repay it 10 times over with her loyalty and devotion.  I think, I hope, this will be a good thing for both of them. 


5 comments:

Tammy said...

So happy for both Schatze and her new owner....now I just have to figure out who I'm going to spoil at the adoption events now! ;-)

Tammy said...

So happy for both Schatze and her new master! Now to figure out who I'm going to spoil at the adoption events now. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Schatze and he new owner. Adopting our GSD through you and the organization was one of the best things we ever did. Bonding takes time with a rescue dog but is very rewarding in the long term. ;))

Risa said...

I hope that Schatze and John have a long and happy life together.

BudsBuddy said...

Did you notice you typed "spaying weeds"? Funny because your muscle memory is obvious, and the meaning is still essentially accurate!