Sunday, February 24, 2013

Brewing and building


The beers we've made so far were from
 kit, and the malt was a liquid from a can.
This time we made it from scratch,
using malted barley grain.
I'm so glad I didn't make the drive up to Gainesville today.  Sunday was a beautiful day and it would have been good for an adoption event, but I didn't really have any serious prospects for my fosters and I really needed the day at home. 

Booty jumped the dog yard fence
when we first put him out this morning.
But after I put him back, he stayed in
for the rest of the day.
We started pretty early in the morning and finished just before dark, spending the entire day outdoors.  Clay brewed up another batch of beer and I built another section of boardwalk.  We did a number of other projects as well. 


Today was the debut of our
Plott Hound Porter.
I was quite pleased with it, very
smooth, very drinkable dark beer.





We even convinced Gigi to spend some time
outdoors today.  It really was a nice day.


Here's the old and new section of boardwalk.
All the muddy area is now covered.
I still have two more 10' sections to build to
reach the dog yard so no one gets muddy feet.

Clay sampling the first run off the
grains.  It was very sweet, which
will turn into a very strong beer.
I built the frame for the third
section of boardwalk too.

Clay and Lady
Bremo still enjoys being outside on a pretty day.
Cabell does his business and goes back indoors.



Trooper on duty





This brew will be a scottish ale, and a pretty
strong one.  I'm not sure yet what we'll call it.


Trooper up close




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics and the fact that you were able to just be home iwth all your babies! You need more days like that!

Risa said...

Easby the Scottish Terrorist thinks you should name the Scotch Ale after him.

patti h said...

Just what the doctor ordered - sunshine and beer!