Thursday, February 14, 2013

Loving Lana


Lana's winning smile finally landed her a home.
Lana got a Valentine's Day bandana
from the vet's office.
This week has pretty well sucked with Maya's disappearance.  I've been getting a lot of calls reporting sightings and I saw her today myself, running along Rt 53.  People stopped to help, but she won't be helped and eventually ran off into the woods.  I'm going to get a trap and try that, but given her inclination to run along the roadways, I do not have much hope for a happy ending. 

But as I said before, days in the world of rescue are rarely all bad or all good, and today there was some good as well, because today was the day that Lana was adopted.  I checked her vet records this morning and realized that she had been with me for nearly a year and all of her vaccines would be due in March.  I made a vet appointment for 5:00 p.m. to get everything renewed and up to date. 

Then we headed up Rt 29 to my meeting place in Culpeper to meet Lana's adopters who drove down from Manassas.  They had spent the last few days buying enough stuff to open their own Petsmart and were very excited to be taking Lana home.  She's already got an appointment with their new vet, an appointment with a dog walker, and another appointment with a trainer.  Lana has hit the doggie jackpot, let's just hope she realizes it.  After nearly a year in the bunkhouse accommodations around here, she deserves the pampering she will be getting in her new home.






 
I didn't have a chance to shop for jewelry for Gigi this week, but last week's surprise gift
included this red, heart-patterned ruffler, appropriate for Valentine's Day.
She has become a permanent fixture in the bed, both day and night.
If we ever want more room, we'll just have to buy a bigger bed. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear Lana is going to a great home! She deserves lots of love!!!

Anonymous said...

lovely, lucky, Lana!