Friday, February 22, 2013

This and that

This is a pre-adoption pic of Lana,
but I've heard from her new home,
they love her and she's going well.
I'm glad it's Friday, but I only accomplished about a third of what I wanted and needed to do this week.  That's pretty much par, I guess.  Here's a few updates from the mail and pics I took yesterday when the sun was out. 

Former foster Timber proving me wrong on the
whole dog/cat thing.  But it took them a year to
get to this point.  Most people expect it overnight.
The big news is that I got a call about Maya yesterday and I saw her, not far from home, but still not inclined to be caught.  I saw her eating out of trash cans put out for today's pickup.  I guess that's how she's been surviving.  She's smarter than I credited her as being.  Still no closer to getting her back really, but at least she's still alive so there's a chance. 

Riley and Barack
She's gaining weight.
They are very active together.
Hercules, Riley, and Barack







I think the enzyme and the raw food are doing
the trick for Herc's weight/digestion problem.




The new guy, Rocky.
Augie would be great for a single man who
wants a laid back dog.  But no kids, none, ever.
I recently received this pic of former foster Samson, adopted three years ago.
My memory is such that I couldn't even tell you which dog is Samson at this point.
But it doesn't matter.  They both look happy and content in an obviously great home.
Come to think of it, I think Samson is the one on the left with the dark face,
the dog I rode with when doing census work, which was about three years ago.
 

2 comments:

Living the life in The Little City said...

That's good news about the Maya sighting. Hope she makes her way back to you.

Jo Heil said...

Glad to hear about Maya. Have you thought about taking out a couple of the dogs she was fond of to look for her in the areas she has been sighted in? If she is in your area could you leave the shed door open with food and water?