Monday, April 1, 2013

Gigi's surgery day

Gigi in the back of the van on the drive into
town this morning.
When we arrived, she looked out
of the van but didn't want to get out.
The vet had seen mast cells in that growth on Gigi's elbow so today she had it surgically removed.


She didn't want to go this morning, she didn't want to get out of the van when we arrived at the vet's office, she didn't want to go inside, and when she did, she immediately turned around and wanted to leave. 


It all went well.  They told me that she was quite talkative after the surgery, whining and vocalizing her feelings.  That's funny because she never says a word here.  Other than barking when the other dogs bark outdoors at feeding time or when someone comes up our driveway, Gigi's communication is entirely non-verbal.  Apparently she wasn't able to communicate with them telepathically.


 
She gave me a look like she was
very disappointed in me for
taking her to the vet.
She plopped down and just stubbornly
refused to move.



I was surprised that she jumped into the van on her own as we were leaving this afternoon.  Her rear legs seemed more impaired that the front leg that had surgery, probably due to the lingering effects of the anesthesia.  It was the same story going upstairs when we got home.  I had assist with the rear end but her front legs were attempting to bound up the stairs on their own.  I boosted her up onto the bed and she hasn't moved from there since, and probably won't until morning.






 

During our post-op consultation
with the vet.
On the ride home she
stretched herself out
over the top of the crates
trying to join me in the front.




If you thought she was spoiled before, wait until you see what the sad eyes and the "my leg hurts, dad" look can do to me. 








Back at home, stretched out on the bed.
I'm not sure where we will sleep tonight.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Gigi is home safe and sound! Boy, she does communicate with her eyes! You can tell in that one picture, that she was just not having it! But once she is in the van with you, she is so happy! Hopefully all good news will be the result!

BudsBuddy said...

I hope Gigi feels well enough to get off the bed soon, so you can get some sleep!

Risa said...

I hope that the pain meds that the vet gave Gigi are as good as the ones my surgeon gave me. Feel better soon sweet girl.