Thursday, April 25, 2013

Trooper's stock soars




Trooper giving my mother his paw.
Smart money would have bought into Trooper's stock early, like I did.  We thought it had reached an all-time high when he rehabilitated Maya, but we were wrong.  This past week it reached new heights when he befriended my mother.  First he stopped barking at her when he was outside, once he realized she was going to be around here regularly.  Then we let him inside to check her out, first on a leash.  They shared space casually for a few days and then he started seeking her out in the guest room when he went upstairs.  She's quite fond of him too.  Trooper now has four human friends, Clay and me, my mother, and Teresa who boards him when we go away.
 
A hummingbird at one of my four feeders
My mother headed back to Kansas today.  We had a great visit as we always do.  She cleaned out my container garden and we bought plants and replanted everything over the past week.  I'm very glad to have that done and now I need to turn my full attention to mowing grass for a few days. 

There seems to be a rash of dog dumpers lately.  I've been employing my primary coping mechanism--avoidance.  But I need to make some calls.  Unfortunately, I can't take in any more right now.  I need to be concentrating on adoptions.
 







3 comments:

Robin Hardy-Small said...

Beautiful!! Trooper has to make friends in his own time :)

Robin Hardy-Small said...

Beautiful garden! and Trooper decides when he wants to make friends and who is elite enough to make the list :)

patti h said...

Love it that Trooper found a new friend in your mother! It's interesting when a dog reacts differently than expected. Maya and now your mom! Fun to see! your gardend is lovely too!