Thursday, April 4, 2013

Good news from the vet

Gigi's biopsy results were back and were negative for cancer.  The bandage was removed and the incision looks good.  Couldn't have asked for anything better.


But in further good news, Maya went along and the vet pronounced her spayable, so that is scheduled for next Monday.  Then I'll need to start on the process of finding her a new home.  She's very comfortable here, perfectly behaved indoors, quite attached to me as well as to Trooper.  My only concern is how she will handle another transition and whether she will freak out like she did when she first came here.  I'm already ruling out people with kids, no experience, no fence, people with cats, and people with no other dogs.  Actually, I know I can't rule out anyone, I just have to find the right people.  But after what I've been through with this dog, that's going to be hard. 


I love her, she's sweet, she fits in around here, and is accepted by everyone.  We don't have another female shepherd around here now and she is stepping up to fill the void, but it's not in my plans to keep her.  She's young and needs a younger home.  I want nothing but older dogs from now on. 





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful about Gigi!!!

BudsBuddy said...

Maybe Maya's freak-out was mostly a post-shelter reaction. Hopefully the trust she has gained in you, Trooper, and others will carry over to a new family. Glad to hear Gigi is on the mend!