Sunday, April 14, 2013

Trouble

Her name is Trouble, but I don't see it.  She was dumped when a couple split up, the woman left and the guy dumped her dog, or so the story goes.  Don't know, don't care.  She's a sweet girl, just 14 months old.  She seems to be house trained and accustomed to being indoors; she's certainly crate trained. 

She wouldn't walk out of the shelter, I had to carry her from the kennel to the front lobby and then again out the door to the van.  She just drops and hunkers down, scared, unsure what to do.  She's a petite little girl, even smaller than Maya, probably about 45 pounds.  She is beginning to loosen up here.  She wags her tail in greeting when you look at or talk to her.  She has gotten used to the stairs and last night she came in and returned immediately to her crate upstairs in my office.  She's fine with other dogs but I was told in no uncertain terms, no cats. 

I suspect she picked up the name when she was a puppy and I'm sure she deserved it, but she doesn't seem to be any trouble now.  She's just been spayed.  She was also wormed and vaccinated, and tested negative for heartworm, all courtesy of the Orange County Animal Shelter.  She just needs to have the 4way test to check for the tick-borne diseases. 

No one took me up on my request to foster her.  A couple folks who responded would have but for the cat thing, but I'm not risking that.  She's ready to move to a cat-free home with a fenced yard. 




No comments: