Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hey little girl

Okay, I sing a lullaby to Maya.  I call her "little girl" and it brought to mind the lyric's from Springsteen's "I'm on Fire": 




















Hey little girl is your daddy home
did he go and leave you all alone
I got a bad desire
I'm on fire.

Tell me now baby is he good to you
will he do to you the things that I do
oh no, I can take you higher
I'm on fire.



Like most lullabies, the lyrics are entirely inappropriate for the intended recipient, but the intended recipient doesn't hear or understand the lyrics, it's all about the music, simple and repetitive, soft and soothing.  I'm not sure who it soothes more, her or me. 





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. The sweetness you have given Maya is something that she will always cherish. You have done wonders for her. I have to say that i'm always fond of thep pics with her and Trooper. It looks like they do each other a lot of good!

Living the life in The Little City said...

Please keep her. She and Trooper are such a pair.