Saturday, May 4, 2013

No more Trouble

I took Trouble to her new home today.  I think it will be a good one.  The guy has experience with a difficult, alpha female shepherd.  Compared to that, Trouble should be a breeze.  She has two teenage boys and she took to them right away.  She explored the house but kept coming back to the people.  I expect they will give her a new name to go along with her new life.  She has had a huge upgrade in her standard of living.  She's a very lucky dog.







Trouble's new home isn't far from our old home in Catharpin.  I drove around the area on my way back home later in the day, but after completing the adoption I went on to the Pet Fiesta at the Reston Town Center with Maya and Hercules.  One of the first dogs we encountered upon arrival was one that I recognized but wasn't expecting to see - Lana, now called Tigger.  She remembered me and I had a nice visit with her adopters, who are really nice folks. 







I also saw Daisy.  She's one of the Pyr/Lab pups.  I wouldn't have recognized her.  She's grown even taller since I last saw her.  She's still shy when away from her home, but less so this time, I thought.  Her adopter has her in a socialization class and I think it's been good for her.  She's really getting to be a big girl and apparently she has the personality and disposition of a Pyrenes, but the short, smooth coat of a lab.  Pretty girl. 








Dusty is a girl I adopted out about six years ago.  Her adopter is now a VGSR volunteer who always handles one of my fosters at Gainesville adoption events.  Dusty was called Kate when I had her and this other picture is of Kate and me prior to her adoption. 

I didn't get any pics of Maya or Herc, I guess because I was holding them both on pretty short leashes.  They were close to me and I had my hands full.  Maya was very clingy.  She was friendly enough with strangers, both people and dogs, but she clearly saw me as her ride home.  Herc's enzymes should arrive in a few days and then I hope we'll have him on the road to weight gain and adoption.  Someone gave him a tennis ball today which he destroyed in minutes but still carried around.  His ball drive will help his adoption prospects. 

Anyone remember Bastian?  I missed him but he was there today too.  I'm sorry I missed seeing him but apparently he's doing very well.  He's got two very dedicated owners.  He landed very well. 

I came home and mowed grass until it was too dark to see where I was going.  A good day. 


No comments: