Sunday, May 5, 2013

Leaving on a jet plane

Vince, running through the pasture
On Monday morning I'm heading off to Denver for a few days for a meeting with the people I work with.  Two travel days, two meeting days.  Mostly it's four days away from the routine, four days where I'm not responsible for anything or anyone but myself.  I'm looking forward to it.

Gigi came out to the pasture but mostly stuck to my side.
I've boarded the two high maintenance, pain-in-the-ass foster shepherds, Herc and Frank, leaving Clay with just 11 dogs to deal with.  Cooper and Teddy will be going home on Monday, so I'm not including them in the count.  I've cooked food for Clay to eat while I'm gone.  I've mowed the lawn to within an inch of its life so it won't be too out of control when I return.  We are due for three days of rain so it will be a good time to be away.


We bottled up the latest brew today.  It's our first tribute beer, a Belgian blond ale we are calling Cabell Cooler in honor of our most senior dog, Cabell.  It's going to be a very nice summer time drink.  That leaves us with no beer in process.  Maybe next weekend we'll need to get busy on a new one. 
Our Cabell laying next to his namesake beer, Cabell Cooler.
As soon as he heard the camera he got up and left.






These are my favorite Virginia wildflowers. 
I time the mowing of the pasture to accommodate them.
I call them buttercups because that's what they look like they should be,
but I don't actually know what they are.

No comments: