Saturday, July 27, 2013

Finishing touches

I added another platform to Playstation K9 today.  It's 5' high and about 6' long, but only about 2.5' wide.  It had been in the big kennel complex which is no more.  This one required digging post holes, which I haven't done in a very long time, but fortunately, they are only about 1' deep.  I think it's the final element of Playstation K9, at least for now.  At this point I've used all the structures that I had from the old kennels, so I think it's done for now.  We also raised and leveled the ground level platform in front and tweaked a couple of other elements.  I'm pretty pleased with it.  I think it's pretty cool and the dogs use it.

Toquima arrived today for another week with us, and he has already been playing with Maya and the Horse.  Maya was accommodating and posed on the new platform for a picture.





Orange blossom honey was the final ingredient.
A teaspoon of fresh ground pepper added to the
boiling wort made a wonderful aroma.
Our latest porter was bottled two weeks ago and was ready for drinking today.  It's our first porter made from scratch, using grains rather than the canned malt from a kit, and it's very good.  Clay brewed up another beer today.  This one is a saison, a French peasant beer.  Champion Brewery in Charlottesville had one a few weeks ago and I liked it.  We will be calling ours "A Shepherd's Saison."  The finishing touches in the brewing process for this beer included a teaspoon of fresh ground pepper and a pound of honey, both added in the last few minutes of the brewing process.  Can't wait to try it.

Maya posing on the newest, and final element of Playstation K9.
You can also see Patton stretched out like a dead horse on the mid-level of the tower.
Trooper's eyes and ears are visible in the A-frame.



I think it's done.  For now.


1 comment:

bbes tribe said...

Nice. Should be fun for the pups.
Wags
Ernie,Chica,Lucas,and Rosie