Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sparky's space

The dog house is one that I built about 10 years ago.
Justin has just rebuilt and improved it so it should last another 10.
We moved it from the other kennel complex by rolling it
on that white pvc pipe.
Sparky's habitat had been the big kennel adjoining the puppy shed (where Bremo was born).  I had taken that kennel down entirely so I could paint the shed and rebuild the habitat.  Sparky had moved over to the big kennel complex, but I took that down too, so Sparky has been in the 10'x20' canopy kennel.  It's the one I rebuilt after the derecho last year and it has the best shade, shelter, and ventilation.  He goes into the dog yard and shed at night but I haven't been getting him out to hike or run in the pasture like I need to so I've been wanting to get his habitat rebuilt.  That was this weekend's project.
 
End of Day 1
I still need to paint the trim on the shed, but the part that joins the kennel is done so I got it set up again with the new 4' x 8' dog house (mostly it's a platform to lay on), two A-frames supporting another platform, and two canopies, all enclosed by a 20' x 26' kennel adjoining the puppy shed.

Day 2 I put in a new electrical outlet, put up the
second platform, second canopy, and the rest
of the kennel panels, hung fans and rope light, etc.
I need to get the doors painted and the hardware reinstalled so I can close the doors before it's Sparky-ready, but it's very close.  I'm going to make him a deck about 8' x 12' in front of the big dog house but that can be done after he's moved back in.  It's a pretty good space and it will free up my canopy kennel for "a" foster dog.  Actually, it would be "another" foster since we have Patton the horse, but he's living indoors.  Maya is still technically a foster too, but no one really believes that at this point.




No comments: