Saturday, November 16, 2013

Three dog night

This is the sight I woke up to.  Trooper
sleeps on the floor at night, but gets into
bed to snuggle when he thinks I'm awake.
It wasn't that cold last night, in fact it was warmer than it had been earlier in the week, but Clay is out of town so I had three dogs in bed. Canine nature abhors a vacuum.

There were four dogs in the bedroom, but just three in bed.  With Zach gone and Cabell unable to do the stairs, the number in the bedroom is down from where it used to be.  But Patch got adopted which would have left Vince alone in the office, so he came into the bedroom last night to make four along with the regulars:  Trooper, Gigi, and Maya.
Vince was attached to my hip all night but he
hopped down in the morning and Trooper took
that spot.


The view to my right.  Gigi usually sleeps at the
bottom of the bed, but Maya grabbed that spot
so she curled up next to me on Clay's pillows.



Maya and Gigi.  I'm still amazed that
there's never been a problem between
those two.
Maya is so sweet, but so rotten. I left her in the
shed with the fosters when I went to a movie last
night because she chews stuff up indoors. When
I got home, she and Max met me in the driveway.
She had let them all out of the shed while I was
gone.  Two were already back inside, however,
and she and Max were in the front yard waiting.
I swear, she is aging me like kids do to straight men.




No comments: