Friday, August 25, 2017

Summer flowers

I have been going out to Kansas to help my mother with spring planting for the last couple of years. I've also gone out in the fall to help with garden clean up. This was the first time I've been there to see the things I planted in the spring in their full summer glory.
The cannas were spectacular this year.

I did some clean up this trip as well, cutting off iris and daylilies that were finished blooming, mostly in the front yard. The containers that I planted in the spring were mostly still doing very well, however, and it was nice to see them.






This is actually three large containers and
you can't see any of them. I like that.

I can't take any credit for the morning glories, they come up
as volunteers every year.
This is portulaca in a strawberry jar.




The lantanas did very well.
Keeping shade plants like coleus, caladium,
and begonias alive through the Kansas summer
isn't easy. She's been watering daily.







This is my mother's pug, Jake. He is one very
loyal and devoted little dog. 






Maya was happy to see me when I got home.

And the feeling was mutual.


2 comments:

Risa said...

No trip to Kansas is complete without a photo of Jake. The flowers look lovely too.

Byron's Mom said...

Jake is adorable! You truly have a green thumb! I love the arrangement of plants and flowers at your Mom's and your home.