Saturday, October 28, 2017

Saturday with Rex and Ricco

A senior and well-loved Ricco
On Saturday morning I took Rex to meet a man who has adopted two shepherds from me in the past. Hannibal passed away, but he still has Ricco who needs a friend. Rex will become his friend sometime in the next couple of weeks. This will put this adopter into my personal hall of fame consisting of folks who have adopted two, three, or more dogs from me. The guy's house isn't ever going to make the cover of Better Homes & Gardens, but it's a dog-friendly house, and the dogs are his children; he would do anything for them and that is what counts. I love adopting to repeat customers.

Maya came along for the ride and she insisted on hitting a couple breweries on our way home. I bought her a new harness at Bass Pro Shops and when we got home I took her out for a five miler along with TJ and Trooper.

I'm making progress on the fosters. Now I have to start working on Carly.



We were at the Center of the Universe brewery
when it opened so there wasn't much crowd.
That suited Maya and I just fine.
I'm a sucker for any dog who puts her paw on
me like Maya is here. Gigi did it once at an
adoption event and she got adopted on the spot,
by me.


Sunday's forecast doesn't sound very good for hiking so I knew we needed to go today.
TJ, Maya, and Trooper all enjoyed it.



Maya's new harness



Now that it's cooler, Trooper handled five miles without any trouble.

The color change happened very suddenly this week.
Today the ground was covered with red and yellow leaves.




No comments: