Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Axel's Return

You may remember Axel from back in August. He was a HOWS dog that came in due to a medical issue and then got neutered, and then the former owners agreed to surrender him. I was very glad because I really liked this dog and didn't want to send him back to live on a chain. A home was found and Axel was adopted. I probably should have been a bit pickier about where he went because it didn't really work out. I do have to say that they tried, but someone in the home had to use an inhaler whenever Axel was indoors and Axel wasn't really happy being alone outdoors.
Scarlett went back home today, but
she'll be back to visit again, I'm sure.

So Axel is back and the timing is either very bad or very good.

Scarlett was boarding here and she went home today so our overall number remains at 10. However, I'm going to Kansas on Saturday and need to find a way to make the dogs a little more low maintenance for the time that I'm gone. I teamed up Axel with Lenny, which I think will be good for both of them, and I've installed them in Sparky's former kennel which has been empty for a long time. They have each other for company and play, and I hope they will be content in the kennel and shed at night to reduce the number of household dogs for a while. I plan to leave those two in Sparky's old kennel, a/k/a Rottweiler World. During the day when I'm gone, Max, Theo, and Trooper will be in the dog yard. That just leaves Vince, Jackie, Maya, TJ, and Sparky indoors. Our vacation house sitter come and stay with them during the days because the old dogs need to get out frequently. Clay will be home every night, but he's gone for the better part of 12 hours each day. I think this will work without having to board anyone.

I picked up six bales of straw this afternoon because there's still a lot of mud around and more rain is in the forecast.
Lenny seemed pretty happy about his new friend.

It didn't take them long to start playing.









Axel needed company.

Lenny likes his roommate.




The trail of straw is a walking route that
tends to get muddy and stay that way.





Maya and TJ playing in fresh straw.
Max with his stick.





1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

Love seeing the pups! Glad that Axel is safe with you now. Looks like he's going to be a good buddy for Lenny and vice versa!