Thursday, February 15, 2018

Getting out when we can

The trails are muddy but we've been getting out when we can. The dogs get bored if we don't and I develop muscle cramps in my legs. Mostly they've been three mile hikes but yesterday I did a second short one and today we got in a little more than four miles before we began to run out of daylight.

We are walking mostly on the roads and a few select portions of the trail system that aren't too muddy.

I can manage three dogs fairly well, but Lenny is sort of all
over the place when we walk so he presents some challenges.
Lenny is benefiting from the hiking more than anyone. He's less timid and more inquisitive now. He's still scared of people and new things, but part of that is just that everything is new to him. He's developing some confidence on the trails now, at least, and I hope that will carry over to other areas. I need to take him to the downtown mall, maybe this weekend.

I love this picture for the gradation of size.



I'm not sure what this face means.

TJ is hoping for colder weather again.

Much better ear and tail carriage than we've seen from Lenny.


I got Sparky out for just under a mile yesterday.
He wanted to go, but that was far enough.






Maya and Lenny resting up.











2 comments:

Byron's Mom said...

Look at Lenny's face! He looks happy!

Mark Lewis said...

Best buddies! By the way, Lenny reminds me of golden retriever puppies . You've made my day. Keep it up!