Monday, July 29, 2019

Puppy Action!

Here's a few videos made over the last couple of days. Pups are growing, getting faster and more coordinated, but they still crash and roll over frequently.


The balance board was the first new and different toy introduced after the move to the Puppy Palace. I thought it would freak them out and they would avoid it. Instead, they actually seek it out and experiment with it.



They have a good selection of toys available at all times, but their favorite toy is their nearest sibling.



I was surprised that the pups enjoyed the ball pit the way they do. They are still small enough that it's not easy to get into or out of the wading pool, but they manage, even if they don't get a lot of style points on the dismount.



They are getting better about coming out of the shed when I open the door. In this case Della was there and that made it easier. There's always one that lingers at the end, but not always the same pup.




Della goes out with me every time I visit the pups and she spends more time with them now than she did when they were still indoors. She cleans up food they drop, she teaches some valuable lessons, and she still feeds them some too.



The ramp made it quicker and easier for the pups to exit. There are still steps too, but most use the ramp. They come out of the shed more readily than they go back in.



The tunnel is a lot of fun. Della wasn't crazy about it because they could disappear in there where she couldn't see them or get to them, but the puppies love it.



They have gotten too big to use the two round feeders, so I set up this feeding trough. It didn't work well at first because some of the big guys climbed into and brought it down, so today I supported it better and tried again. It will take some getting used to, but it will teach them to eat out of a raised feeder because I can raise it up as they grow.


The puppy mobile is a good indoor toy. They will choose a toy and tug on it, sometimes two pups on the same toy. In this video one pup plays with the rubber chicken. It makes an unfamiliar noise so Della comes over to investigate.




2 comments:

Byron's Mom said...

I can't express how much my morning is improved- when I get to see all these puppy videos and pics. You and Clay are seriously incredible and I am so thankful for you both! Love seeing these pups experience things for the first time.

Claire said...

It's fascinating seeing them all grow up. They seem to run quite fast now and you can see them getting more coordinated. Thanks again for sharing! I love your updates!