Sunday, September 1, 2019

A Dog Named Della

Della and Zeus
I think that Della is enjoying being a dog around here. I've been catching up on some yard work this weekend. This afternoon I took three shepherds (Max, Theo, and foster Zeus) and the two Danes (Della and Serena) out to the pasture to run while I did some tree work. Serena still won't hang with us, I think it's the mower she really dislikes, and I'm sure she feels the same about the chainsaw. Della was always nearby, and the shepherds are shepherds so of course they were with me every step of the way. The nice surprise was Zeus, who showed me a hole in the fence but didn't take advantage of it. He's a bit of an escape artist, but I've had him in the dog yard and the pasture a few times this weekend and he sticks around with the other dogs.

Theo would rather be playing ball, but he followed me around
in the hope that I'd do something fun.

Max and Serena


Zeus, Theo, Serena, Max


Theo, Della, and Max

Zeus will stick around if he's with people or other dogs.
Della enjoyed herself and we all sleep better if
she's had a good run in the pasture during the day.



Della and Theo





Max and Della
Theo and Max

Zeus enjoyed himself and felt like part of the pack today.




Max may not be right in the head, but he has fit in
around here as well as anyone else. Della has taken an
interest in herding him around when she thinks he needs it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your dogs are so beautiful!