Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Tank

His name is Tank. I just got him Wednesday evening, just as the storm was about to hit. Not a lot of great pictures yet, but he's a purebred black lab, I'm guessing maybe about four years old? He's intact, but won't be for long, I'm calling for a neuter appointment in the morning.

Maya meeting Tank.
He came along as part of a horse rescue from up in Lancaster County, PA. A backyard breeder who was "getting out of the business" asked the horse rescuer if they would take four labs as well. They did and three have found homes already and Tank came to Promises Animal Rescue this evening.

He's been living with horses and two female mastiffs for the past two weeks, and kids. He's crate trained and mostly house trained, although he had apparently never lived indoors before his rescue. He's been well-fed though, Tank is FAT, but we'll put him on the green bean diet plan and try to get some weight off him.

Trooper and Maya could run their own dog rescue.
He was absolutely fine meeting the dogs at my house, at least those that I let him meet. Trooper, Maya, and Serena were fine with him. I'll introduce the rest of the shepherds tomorrow, and Della eventually.

He sat for me on command, even without a treat. Nice and friendly. He's a lab. Great dog.








Serena just wanted to play with him. She thinks everyone
wants to play with her.

I don't know what I did to get this effect. Sort of Tank coming through a wormhole.

This pic gives a good indication of Tank's porcine build.







Those teeth look good and he's got a nice smile, nice disposition.
You gotta love a lab.

No comments: