Sunday, September 8, 2019

Homeowner Day

Today was a homeowner day. I spent it all outside, just doing stuff that needed to be done, some of it routine, and some of it catching up from things I've neglected all summer. It was a productive day, but I don't really have a lot to show for it, and most of what I did no one except me would even notice had been done. The new mega kennel is now secure at all of it's entry points and around it's perimeter; the dog yard is cut, trimmed, and generally cleaned up in some areas that had become overgrown; weedeater is fixed and works like a mad weed destroying machine now; some fencing is fixed, modified, improved; weeds have been sprayed and most of the mowing is done. I think I'll start taking a day off each week just to do stuff around the house.
I'm getting away from tennis balls for Theo
because inevitably they end up in Serena's
stomach. He has taken to this ball pretty well.
It's soft enough that he can grab it, there's a
rope that lets me throw it, and so far no one
has destroyed it and eaten it.

Nothing I did was really worthy of a picture but I was accompanied by three shepherds in everything I did today, so here are some pictures of Theo, Max, and Zeus.

Zeus has been staying in the dog yard or the pasture with the
other male shepherds. When he has gotten out, he's just checked
out the yard and has not left the property so I worry less about
him now but still put him inside if we go away.



It wasn't humid today but the sun was warm.
Zeus hung out under the Play Station K9 after
I cut the weeds that had grown up around it.


Theo was pretty much omnipresent with his
new ball. The rope makes it easy for me to
pick it up and fling it so he can run after it.



Max with the remnant of a basketball.
Zeus having a roll in the grass.


Max ran after me on the mower a lot today.
He is tired tonight too.

Zeus is enjoying life here more now he gets out to the dog
yard and the pasture with the other male shepherds.

Max 


No comments: